Removing default “division” and “region” options from MOSS 2007
I had read this in Scot Hillier’s book but I couldn’t find it in the index or quickly Google it up today so here goes for future reference.
When you create a SharePoint “portal” site in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, you get this navigation on the front page, and odds are it’s not what you want:
The solution was not in any of the Site Settings places I looked, but instead (from Hillier):
- Click the Sites tab in MOSS to open the Site Directory.
- On the Sites Directory page, click View All Site Content.
- On the All Site Content page, click the Sites list.
- On the Sites list page, select Settings->List Settings from the drop-down menu on the list toolbar.
- On the Customize Sites page, scroll down to the Columns section and click either the Division column or the Region column.
- On the Change Column page, change the list of available options and click the OK button. Alternatively, you could click the Delete button to eliminate the column.
On a more personal note, MOSS makes me nauseous.